Saturday, November 9, 2013

Tell us what you've learned so far about daily blogging.

Today, is the 6th day of blogging daily, and the hardest so far.  First of all, I love blogging, and I have made a commitment to blog at least 3 times a week.  Some weeks are the hardest, because I can be easily distracted by other things in my life.  Some people think, why blog if it hard?  To that, I say, that is the fun part.  I want to teach, to vent when I do not like something, to encourage someone who thinks they do not have it all together when it is really the opposite, and get someone to think and try something new for once.   This is the why I blog.
A week ago, I decided to give myself a challenge and that challenge is to see if I could keep this up on a daily basis.   After all, the experts say that is how you gain traffic, right?  So far I have learned that you need to have something to say, before you gain a following or traffic.  I have learned over the past 5 years that I have been blogging, a following does not necessarily constitutes traffic, and unless you put your blog on an RSS feed, you are considered a pass through.  Your content has to have meaning and promotes an interest with people.   You know what else I have learned from this experience?

I have learned that you need to set aside a time that you are comfortable with, that does not interfere with me time, family time, and the all-important meditation time.   For the moment, I must admit that I have not found the perfect time to sit down and write a post at the same time each day. (Like morning time) In case you are wondering how I started blogging and how I blog, you will have to check out a post that just popped into my head on my SimplyOrganized Crafts blog.   By the time you all read this, I would have posted it there, but I will have a back link to it on this post.
Other things I have learned:
When you do not have to come up with a topic is not part of your planning phase, life become much easier.  I do recommend you sit for a few minutes and have a planning pow-wowwith yourself.  Do not just start writing, because you can become easily distracted and next thing you know, you are talking about pink elephants in tutus, instead of talking about the meaning of “the elephant in the room.”  Believe me, I have been there.
Lastly (Hallelujah, it is short post tonight), I have learned that you are going to get some days where you look at your pageviews and see that 400 people like what you have to say about the Justin Beiber’s brothel scandal, because you have said exactly what they wanted to say, and then there are days where people do not care what you have to say about it, because they are tired of the topic.  That is the day where you will see 0-20 pageviews, and you want to quit.  Do not worry, as a friend once told me, pageviews do not matter.  What matters is that you got your point across and you are posting on a consistent basis.
Be Blessed, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.