Friday, April 19, 2013

Give Me an Understanding....

Of the things that has happened these past few days.  I am growing tired of this.   I want to understand how a person, or should say people can just take a life, a live that most of us hold near and dear, but I cannot.   The reason why I can't is because of my beliefs.  I read an article of a 16 year old girl on BlogHer two days ago asking the senate why they won't allow background checks for guns control.  In the letter she sent, she speaks about being ashamed to be called American, because the Senate, in her eyes failed to protect her as she goes off to school each day.   I do not blame her, I am still trying to figure that one out myself.   In my head, I am thinking that the senate is controlled by the NRA (National Riffle Association), and I am going to leave it at that.  These are just my opinions.
Some people are wondering where was God in all of this mess, and why doesn't He stop it?   If you look deep inside, He was there, you just have to know where to look.  Do not look for a physical being to just show up and take charge over the situation. Look for Him through others.  If God had not showed up at the finish line, how many people would have truly helped others?  When I looked at the footage of the finish line on television, I saw acts of compassion, not just acts of hate.   The end result was that only two people did the damage, as well as 3 people were killed, and you have to remember that in the 1990's, one man, Timothy McVay did one senseless act that brought down a federal building in Oklahoma, and killed many.  You may ask, What about 9/11?   To me, that was a horse of a different color, and I personally do not know how to explain that, except through the act of compassion in the end, allowed people to help others during that tragic time in American history.
I am not one who likes to talk much about things that are going on in our society, I am more of an observer.  I have my opinions and as I grow to become a better Christian, I have learned not to have the reactions I had when I was younger.  I guess because I know who has my future.  Does that mean I do not have problems?  No, it just simply means that I do not have a knee jerk reaction to a situation and I am learning to control my temper.  That does not mean I do not have meltdown days.  I cried Monday.   I want a world we can all just get along, obey God,  and a world where my niece, nephews, and future child can grow in harmony, but I also know that is not going to happen, as long as we have hatred in this world.
So, I am back to my original topic and title, give me an understanding and my understanding is this....As long as we know the rules of the land, serve and obey God, respect all mankind with their views and beliefs, this can be a pretty good country to live in after all.  My life is pretty good, and I hope you feel the same way about yours.  I feel sad and pray for others who do not have this belief about life, and I think we have forgotten the 10 commandments.  This also has to do with the last ones, Thou shall not murder; Thou shall not steal; and thou shall not commit adultery (paraphrasing Exodus 20: 1-17)
Anyway, have a blessed weekend, and be safe in everything you do.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.