Monday, December 31, 2012

I am Going Back to School

Franklin University
Franklin University (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
They say that you are never too old to learn something new, something you are not familiar with, or something I need help in.   Well, I am going back to school.  Well sort of and here is how.   I graduated in 2003 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing.  I am rusty.
When I first started school back in 1982, after a healthy and not so healthy academic career of K-12, I wanted to study acting.  I was determined to be among the Thespians that being an actress allows and more.  I was going to be an A-lister, hone in on my craft, and have my name in lights.   I was going to retired in my 60's having done the best movies any director or producer can throw at me.  Patricia Lynn Logan was going to be the name for everyone to watch over the next 50 years, until I got to The Ohio State University campus and refuse to go to class half the time, because I had to study math, English, psychology, and how to build a stage as well the first Quarter (Ohio State now runs on semesters). I was put on academic probation (straight F's).  In 1983, I went to a local college, because my parents thought I had way too much freedom at Ohio State, and they were right.  No drama department in this school. so I decided to try my hand in Social Work.  This followed by Early Childhood Ed, and secretarial science (Now called Administrative science), and I was told that I was too immature to go to school.  I transferred out of there to get a certificate of Secretarial science at a tech school.  I could go on and on about my career, but I finally matured when I started going to school at Franklin University, a business school.   This was around 1997, and I took my time.  I finally graduated with that degree with a new sense of worth, and that I could accomplish anything I set my mind to it.
Back to the present day...As I said, I am rusty.  It is not like I have not been keeping up with marketing, and that anything in marketing I learn will be a benefit to my business, but that is not the point of going back to school.   I have a list of what I want to learn:


  1.  I do want to get my Master's in the subject of marketing.  
  2. I want to learn advance WordPress, and website techniques.  Knowing this will allow me to create better websites, blogs, and possible make some money off of it.
  3. HTML.  I know some of you out there are cringing right now, and so am I, but again, it is so I can cut cost.
  4. The art of not being stressed out.  This is not a college course, and it probably will never be.
  5. To take more time for me.  Again, this is not a college course, but a life course.
  6. I want to be certified in a scrapbook tool, so I can teach a class in it.   Columbus is not the best place to take a class in this industry, or any industry, unless it has a college or university attached to it.  The ones I was thinking about are Copic markers, Cricut machines, or stamping.
  7. I want to learn how to make jewelry, anything that goes hand and hand with scrapbooking and card making.
  8. Finish my business Administrative classes
  9. Cooking the basics the right way.  My cooking isn't bad, and I do know how by just watching my mother, but I want to learn the tiniest little detail about cooking them.
  10. Every technology I have in my home.   I know basics, teach me the advance.
There are many more where that came from, such as being a better writer. See, you are never too old to learn, and I am waiting with eyes wide open.   Be Blessed.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.