Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Thankful Tuesday: She did WHAT!?

The Will Smith's Family's Reaction
(Courtesy of USmagazine.com
For thankful Tuesday, I am going to talk about being­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­ _________.  I am going to fill in the blank later and I will explain along the way.
Everyone is talking about how bad Miley Cyrus was Sunday night.  I did not see the VMA’s, but I did see a snippet of it on You Tube.   I am not going to go over it nor will I explain how raunchy she was.   No use beating a dead horse with a broomstick.  It is done, in the history books, and there have been worst acts than that at concerts (think Lady Gaga.   Sorry, Little Monsters)
I am not condoning what Miley Cyrus did, after all she is a letdown.  This is my personal term for people who the world had high hopes for, because this person had such a positive image that the world saw, and thought, “finally someone for my kids to look up to.”  There have been several letdowns lately, such as Amanda Bynes and Lindsey Lohan to name a few. Perhaps they are not ready for what the world considers adulthood or acting like an adult.  They were looking for something to get out of the squeaky clean image these young ladies portrait in the characters they played, such as doing drugs, drinking, or being provocative, which is not the answer.  I would even throw in Justin Bieber into the mix of people who are not responsible enough to have a fan base consisting of children.
So what does this has to do with Thankful Tuesday, it simple.  I am thankful that there are parents out there who want their kids to stay as innocent as possible.  They do that by saying no.  
Saturday, I went to the store with a friend of mine and her 2-year old son.  As we were riding along in the car, all of a sudden, I was listening to this little voice singing, “Twinkle, Twinkle, little Star.”   I almost had a tear in my eye.  Why?  Because I want children to stay as innocent as possible, and to sing children’s songs, not these songs that talk about getting someone in bed with them.  These kids do not know what that means, and as far as my friend’s son is concern, he may not understand the words to that song about a little star, but my friend would feel a lot better explaining about a star than what “Blurred Lines” means to him or any child under the age of 13.

I am just thankful that we still have people who think that children still need to live like is the 1950’s, 60s, and 70s.   They were not all innocent times, but there was not as much sex and other stuff on television and in the movies as there are now.  What these kids need are some real role models who show them how to act and live in this world instead of some has been, who like to parade in a bra and panties set on stage in front of thousands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.