Friday, August 16, 2013

organized, the other side of pure laziness

Need to organize!!! 136
 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I have found out in the last 6 months (or longer) that I am lazy.   I have to make myself do everything these days, except my business.  Do you go long spurts of time where you do not feel like doing anything but what is easy and quick?  I will take all comments in the section below.
For instance, no one likes to clean house, except for a select few, and even then, the select few find ways to make it easier for them to clean.   I am in the process of making a home management book, so it can help me find a schedule to clean certain areas on select days.  The only way that I can implement this is to commit to it.
One of the major cons about having a home business without having an outside job is the thought pattern of, “I can get up when I want to, “but who is it hurting?  Once I put my schedule into my home management guide, I will be able to know and to remember what I am supposed to do on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. But again, it calls for commitment.
Anything that a person does has to be done with commitment, even it is to yourself.  A person cannot go through life without committing to something, and that I think that is one of the problems that the younger generation has.  Oh wait, they do, they are committed to being lazy, stubborn, talking back to elders and peers alike, and so forth.   I guess I am used to the comment, “when an adult tells you to do something, you do it.”  You will never know and you may even like it.
Last Sunday was the celebration of my church’s oldest living member.  Mother Cook turned 104 years young.   I say young, because her mind at her age was clearer that my mind at 49.   Anyway, her daughter asked me, as soon as I got in the back door of the church to be one of the hostess for the after service repass.   I thought to myself, “Can I sit this one out, I never get to enjoy a repass anymore, because I am always hosting.”  I got ready to go into the choir area.   Service was great, and after church, I thought,” Miss Ann forgot, and I am saved.”   Not so fast…She asked me again, so reluctantly, I went downstairs and took my place as hostess. 
Yes, I enjoyed it.  I enjoyed all the goofiness of being the hostess, such as; the glass pitcher that kept on leaking at the spout, trying to stretch green beans so that everyone can get some (See Jesus feeding the 5000 story, which was not quite as dramatic as this one for the 21st century).  How about mystery food that mysteriously showed up at the church (or how to tastefully and tactfully place an unscheduled homemade cake next to a commercially made cake), and 6 songs that were sung when only one was scheduled on the program (including Stevie Wonder’s version of Happy Birthday that my church has run into the ground.  (What happened to just singing the traditional birthday song?))  
I will leave you with this:  Commitment is the key to organization.  Once you have a plan, you have to take action and commit the action.  No one can make you do it but you.

Be blessed my friend.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.