Saturday, February 22, 2014

Working without a net....

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

image by agiletools
"Working without a net" is my favorite phrase to say.   I a not sure where I found it at or when I started saying it, but it means, working without a plan.  well that is what I am doing, working without a plan.  

I have not written anything in this blog all week since my Happy Ballet Day post, and frankly that is sort of a good thing.  See I am trying to re-adjust my sleeping schedule.  So far, so good.   So with that being said, have you ever done things without a plan, and if so, how does it make you feel?
For me, I feel lost and uncertain.  in the case of my writing, I have no canvas to bounce off of, and I find that I write longer.  To quote a fictional character, Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis) from Star Trek: the Next Generation, when she was without her empathetic powers in an episode, My posts "have no depth or portion", and they "look hollow."   The same can be for the rest of non-plans.   Does that mean that I cannot do things spontaneously?    Yes I can.  Like for instance, often times when I come back from a business meeting, and I want to check out a new area or store, it is usually on the way home, but they are unplanned stops.  Maybe it was the art of passing by that place over and over again, and if I have nothing else to do for the moment, I will do it.   another example is I very seldom plan to eat out anymore.   The reason, I am trying to cook more at home, because I want to know what goes into my body.  
I have chosen to become this way, because I used to do a lot of impulse buying.  It was the old, "I see it, I want it, whip out the charge card" routine.  I did not do it a lot, but it has gotten me into a lot of hot water when I did it.   You know the symptoms:  The surprised look you get after looking at the credit card bill, crying, sobbing, and my personal fav, the promise to never do it again for the rest of your life, only to do it all over again.  
Now I go with a plan, if I want it, check the bank account to see if I have enough money to get it.  If I do, how much do I need it.  Not want it, NEED IT.  If I do need it, fine, I get it, but if it is a want...I wait a month.   After a month, I go through the process again, and if the money is still there, and I do not have any bills coming due, and I still want it, then I can buy it.
So going with a plan is really simple, and once you do it, you will never want to go back to the old plan again.
Well got to run, and this covers this weekend.  Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.