Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Word for the day: Grateful...


GratefulOr lack there of.  No the first sentence was not a typo.   I have been a little down the last few days, sort of not felling my best.  I was not certainly my best in attitude.  I am normally an upbeat type of person, never augmentative, and never harsh with my words.  It is not easy having a business, I have spoken about that many times, and I am starting the feel it a little more than usual.  the last two nights, my prayers have been somewhat a little bitter, but that is no excuse.  There was nothing new that has been done before lately.  The good news is I have not overeaten like I usually do when I feel this way, and it is OK to feel this way, as long as I do not stay there.  Sometimes I feel like I get hit with a ton of bricks and it was a ton of bricks that hit me lately.  Oh, it not something that someone did to me recently, but rather some things that were good that happened to people recently.   They were things such as my cousins' newly built home, consultants going on an incentive trip and having fun, people getting new cars, going on week long trips (other than the incentive trip), people being able to move, and so on.  I felt like that I am trying to do a couple of things like earning money for a family trip in December (even though my father is planning a family vacation to a cabin in September and not liking the December trip), earning enough money period to do every day things.  I could go on, but that is not the point.  So what is the point of this word of the day?

I should be happy just to be able to own a business, to have the stuff I do have, like the car that my parents could have sold, but instead gave it to me so that I have something to ride in, even if it is 15 years old.  A home that I absolutely hate, because I cannot separate my business from my personal (meaning shutting the door at the of the day to do something else), that it is small, and that I am attached to three home with smokers in them, and the smoke irritates my allergies, but should be grateful that I have a roof over my head.  Did I mention that trip that I want to take the family on?  I should be happy that my father invited me on this trip,even though my trip was 4 years in the making. It did not include an theme park in Florida, but it is a trip.  Though I feel like that I am being taken advance of by my sister who calls me at the drop of a hat when she needs a ride, I should be happy that I receive calls from her, so I can spend quality time with her, my nephew and little niece.  
All in all, be grateful for the things you have, work harder to gain access to the rest, and thank God for everything.   Have a blessed evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.