Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Day 9: a little birdy told me….



After posting day 8, I realized that other than day 2, I really have not posted anything that contained the holidays or even Christmas for that matter.  Do not get me wrong, I LOVE the Christmas season, both for the reason, which God loved us so much that he sent His son in the form of a baby, God reincarnated, to save us from ourselves, and for the pretty lights, decorations, eating, and presents. 
(c) 2015 P. Lynne Designs
I want to focus a minute on the first half of my statement, God Reincarnated. Keep in mind, I respect all religions, but I am Christian, and these are some of my beliefs.  How many people who are parents, or in my case, soon to be a would-be parent, can send their child out into the world to save a whole world from themselves?  I know I could not, and I am sure many parents could say the same, even if, to quote Darth Vader, “Your Destiny”. See something good came out of that evil nut’s mouth, LOL.  Anyway, back to seriousness.  God knew how this world was going to be when he created it.  He knew before that time what Lucifer (who became the Devil) was trying to do.  So, this all was pre-planned from the very beginning, before all of this.  He had to do something and do something fast. (well, in his own time).  Could He have stopped it?  Yes, but there is something called, “Free Will”.  Free will is a totally different subject for a different day and something I will have to consult my pastors on because I do not understand it all.  I just know that it is something that always have been there from the very beginning (and one of the reasons why the devil has been allowed to roam freely throughout the universe). 
This is the reason to have Jesus come as a baby.  God probably knew that if Jesus came as a man from the beginning, he might not have been as well received.  He still wasn’t, because Herod, the current king wanted to kill all the baby boys, so he could remain on the thrown. God protected Jesus and his Earthy family from all of this.  So you might be asking yourself, why not the baby girls?  Well, back then, and even some cultures now, girls were not received as highly as baby boys, plus Herod knew Jesus was a boy.   All of this happened after he sent the Wise Men to go see the babe, but they were warned by God in a dream to go another direction, because He knew what Herod was up to.
Back to the commercial side of Christmas for my last part.  I love decorating and see the lights (see day two on what I think of your electric bill, LOL).  The best part, besides the cooking and the baking, is seeing the reaction of the children’s faces when they first see the decorations and opening their presents.  Here is a quote from a website called “Why Christmas”:
One of the main reasons we have the custom of giving and receiving presents at Christmas, is to remind us of the presents given to Jesus by the Wise Men: Frankincense, Gold and Myrrh. Frankincense was a perfume used in Jewish worship and, as a gift, it showed that people would worship Jesus.

I think that is a good enough reason to have them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.