Thursday, October 11, 2012

Spell out your conditions....

English: Greenholme Bank. Greenholme Bank is n...
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
When you have a membership.

5 minutes ago, I logged on to a site that I joined about a month ago.  I fell in love with this site, because of the content and the way this community gets along.  I will not say which site it is and here is why.  The reason I will not, is because the same people who own this site are the same people who I want to advertise with.  Now my only complaint about this community is they did not spell out word for word what the conditions are for joining the community.   When I logged on, I found out that I had to pay $4.95 for a monthly membership, which was not asked for when I first joined the group.
Do not get me wrong, I do not mind paying the amount, but I would like to have been more prepared for the payment.  Had I known about paying for the membership, I could have set the money aside in my savings account, and transfer it back into the checking account when it is time for me to pay for it.
Today, people for the most part do not have disposable income to just spend on a membership.  I would like have options, instead having a monthly fee, I might have wanted to pay for a membership every 6 months or once a year.  There are all kinds of ways to work this.  not only that, this is a mom's group, so you know that funds might be on a premium.  These are just suggestions.  I am in the process of creating a community and I will run it the way I see fit.  Yes, there will be a free membership as well as a paid membership.  This is not coming until 2013, so stay tuned.  In the meantime, I do not have the right to tell a person how to run their community website.
I did renew the subscription.

Have a blessed evening.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.