Wednesday, October 3, 2012

How to get started as a writer

Writer Wordart
Writer Wordart (Photo credit: MarkGregory007)
I was wondering how many people write just for the heck of it?  I know I do it.  I write when I want to get something off my chest, like needing money, because some company took money out of my bank account without asking me.  Now I am scrambling for funds without asking my parents for the third time this week.
I write because I want to inform people about something I hold near and dear to me, like paper crafting, my family, and God.  I also like to inform people when to stay away from doing  something stupid, like letting this company get to my funds.
However and whatever feelings you have about the subject of writing, if you want to get started, the best place is to get started with a subject you know about.   I started out with a journal.  I would write down my feelings about life in general.  How I see the world.  Pretty much like I am doing now.  I would vocalize what I liked and what I did not like.  It may be current events or just something.  The reason?  I want my children to know what life was like before they were born and what mommy was like before I became mommy.
You could become a freelance writer.  The best place is to learn how to research, and we have all done that at some point in our lives.  With freelancing, you get paid for the experience.   publishers are always looking for people who can just research and write.  along those lines, here is a book I found very helpful.  You can access it here.  Become an SEO writer, who write using specific keywords in an article.  A Blog writer where you will post to blogs.  There are so many writers until I cannot get to all of the positions in this once little post.
To help get you started, look at this free book here.  It is 10 lessons on how to get started writing, and
Steven Edwards will teach you how.  Once you learn, just jump into it, and write to your heart content.

Have a blessed day.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.