Friday, February 8, 2013

Today's Word Prompt: Bare


I am stating to write word prompts. I have no idea what I am doing, because I am new to this, but here goes:

This word comes from my friend Christina, who writes the blog:  Make MySaturday Sweet. You can get to it on the right side of this blog. 

There are three type of bare:  An animal (which is actually spelled "Bear"), there is the term that means "to have nothing on it,” and there is the term that talks about to tell all, as in, "she bared her soul to her lover.” I am not sure where I am going with this, so bear with me (put up with it).

I guess if I had to say something about this word, it would be the second term, to be without. Does anyone remember Old Mother Hubbard? In case you are not familiar with her, she is part of a nursery rhyme that goes:

Old Mother Hubbard
Went to the cupboard,
To give the poor dog a bone;
When she came there,
The cupboard was bare,
And so the poor dog had none.

It goes on to talk her going to the baker and other things, but the point is there are lots of people today who cupboards are bare, not knowing where their next meal is coming from. Make too much money to qualify for the food stamp card, but not enough to sustain themselves. 
When is this going to stop? I understand and get it that there are people who take advantage of the system, and in the past year, I have heard all the arguments about the government and the food stamp program. But I have to ask, what business is it of ours to say what these people and the government can do with this program? So you may think that your tax dollars go to waste to feed people, what are you doing with your money that is so great, that you cannot share what you have not seen in the first place? I am thinking more about the children suffering then the adults. 
Why does a child in THIS country have to go hungry? Children need food to grow and to learn. Without food, a body cannot concentrate on the task, and on top of that, if a child is not eating, they are starving, and if they are starving, then they are sick. I guess we are paying for this child’s medical bill too, because a child can qualify for Medicaid. 
Humm, something for you to think about the next time you complain about a person, and what they are buying with that food stamp card, and why your tax dollars are being used to feed the poor. You do not see it in the first place, and besides that, that money could be saved up for you to retire comfortably. 
See, I just bared my soul on my feelings about the selfish. Hope you are not one of them.

(Note:  Oops, I re-read the note.  I was supposed to write for 5 mins, I know I am over.  Does cutting and pasting from MS Word count?)

Have a good day and Be Blessed.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.