Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 2- What is your hobby?

Often worry about people younger than me.  The reason is there are so many shootings lately, and I just have to wonder why?
My spirit has to say that it is Satan and all of his dealings.   going along with that has to be the sign of the times when Christ comes back.  Both of them have to be very good reasons.  After all it says that in the Book of Revelations.   Now without getting preachy as they say, let me turn to my non-believers who happen to see this post.
I do not think people younger than me have anything to do.  I take that back.. They have plenty to do, they are just doing the wrong things.  Television is getting to boring.  I should know.  Mine is sitting behind me in the off position.  There is way too much violence on television, and too many of the same type of programming on as well.
I am going back a minute to my title, what is your hobby, and I am going for good reason.   I scrapbook, make cards, and do alternative things such as journals, books, and boxes.  They occupy my time to the point where I do not have the time nor the energy to get into things that allow me to be out in the street.  My parents taught me that.  Before that, I used to knit, crochet, needlepoint, make candles, and weave.  Oh boy, I can hear the pioneer jokes already, LOL.  when I was younger, I took piano and organ music lessons; I also took ballet, jazz, and tap dance lessons.  No this was not my mother's wishful thinking because she could not take them, I wanted to do them.  Believe me, it was a better system than being out in the street all day with nothing to do.
Before moving to the city I currently lived in since 1977, I lived at McGuire AFB, NJ.  Yes, the very same base that was hit by Hurricane Sandy this week.  My father was Master sergeant there.  I was 12 when we moved, and I could not have been any happier.  T o me, it was boring, so I occupied my time as a dancer, musician, and in Girl Scouts and church choir when I was not in school.
So do kids today have it any easier?  no, they do not.  They are more frustrated and more stress is placed on them.  you never know what goes on in their world.  Just do something, young people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.