|(Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
First of all, I tried looking up the word, and there really isn't a clear cut definition of it, in my opinion. Google (through the help of dictionary.com) says that a trend a "general direction in which something is developing or changing." My definition of the word is simply, " whatever is popular or talked about as part of a conversation at the moment."
So for example, when I think of a trend, I immediately turn to fashion. It is forever changing, and it is something that is talked about, especially among women. When I was little, I saw bell bottoms (wide legged pants), hot pants (shorts), and the Maxi (dress). They are in style today, so they are a circling fashion trend. Also in trend for fall 2012 are gowns with draping necklines, red clothing, and black and white clothing (a carryover from 2011).
Technology is another changing trend. I am old enough to remember when the personal computer came out. I wanted one so bad, because I was curious, but they were not affordable back then either. I remember when a cell phone was that device that only secret agents on the television use, and they were clunky as heck (they used them a lot on The Bionic Woman and Six Million Dollar Man). Now I have an Ipad and a smartphone, and the phone is small enough to fit into my purse. Now they are talking about an Ipad Mini coming out next month to compete with the Kindle Fire. I just cannot keep up.
I went ahead to look up on Google what are some of the trends for today (September 13, 2012), and they are:
- Innocence of Muslims
- Cnet (I guess for their take of the IPhone 5 conference yesterday)
- Engadget (whatever the heck that is, I will have to look that up)
- Sons of anarchy
- Chris Brown's Tattoo (really people, are we making a big deal of this. I do not get it when there are innocent people getting slaughtered, and we are making some big deal over a celeb's tat. Get a life people)
- Twin Towers-I remember what I was doing when this happened, and I am still sadden over this tragic day in American history.
- Justin TV -Did Justin Beiber decided to own a television station or what?
- SOA- Not sure what that is, but I guess it is good enough to be a trend by Google's standards.
In the meanwhile, be blessed everyday.