Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Word of the day: Respect

React, Respect, IntersectFor two days I have been wanting to write about this word, and I wrestled with it for a while.  according to the dictionary, Respect is a word that means a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by abilities, qualities, or achievements. It does not give me a whole lot of room to work with, because to me, the definition is vague, and to me, it goes much deeper than that.  Lately, I have seen a lot of ways that people do not respect each other.  
Children do not respect each other or adults.  They say things that they do not mean at the time and them it is too late to retract the thing they said.  Adults do the same thing.  November, I saw name calling by both parties, and even though I was for Obama and voted for him, both candidates concentrated more on each others abilities of running the country, than what they can do for the country, and the crisis we as a nation were facing.  Republicans refusing to work with this president, which is part the cause of this sequester in the first place.  Is there some reason why members of congress refuse to give up their salaries so this can end?  Good night, people, you make enough money to help me and 15 other small business owners with our inventories.  Let me shut up for now because I am ticked.
Humans are not the only things we are not respecting, we are not respecting the Earth, anyone's ideas, and we are not respecting God.  Humm, I think I just un-nerved some people here. I am just going to let you marinate on that one for a while.
I have been in a few confrontations in the past couple of days, I am not going to tell you what it was about or who it was with, but I will say this much, I hate drama, and I hate it with a passion.  If anyone finds me sticking my nose where it does not belong, just tell me I am being nosy, and it does not concern me.  That is the best respect you can give me when I want to know about something.  That is my clue to mind mine, because I can be nosy, especially when it concerns family.   I want the best for my family, and I will protect what's mine, but if you want me to leave it alone, I do not have a problem doing just that either.  Just do not fight around me.
Listen, God does not like ugly, if we can respect each other, we can all just get alone, but the devil does not like that either, so keep respecting each other so the devil can flee.  I love you, I respect you all who are my readers or if you just happen to pass this way to someplace else on your internet search, and have a blessed evening.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.