Saturday, January 3, 2015

Top 10 posts of 2014 (and goals for 2015)

(c) jks Lola
This is my first time writing a top 10 list of my posts for the past year.  I love to blog, there is no question about it.  There is something about it that is informative, and I can be that ambassador to the world.  This I how many bloggers feel as they put pen to paper, or as I call it fingertips to keyboard.  Everyone has a different style about going at it, and if you never have done this before, it is a fun experience that one should not take too light.  You are not just simply giving your opinion on a subject, but your opinions and views on the subject should there to inform, enlighten, and keep them coming back for more.
How did I make my selection?
I made my selection based on the number of views according to Blogger, not Google Analytic.  I also based it on how much I enjoyed writing that post.  I will get to my complete list in a moment, but first I have to give you what I enjoyed writing the most and the least favorite to write:
This first post gave me joy, because of how I feel about my parents, especially now.  I wrote and posted it on February 25, 2014.  It is called My Parents are so Cute.  In this post, I told the story of the Sunday before (or that day), which my father wanted to watch a movie on Egypt, so he tried to find it first on Netflix (which he can either use mine or my cousin Derrick’s account), and then my dad wanted to know if the movie was on his cable company’s pay per view list.  Later on, my dad was doing “love picking” at my mom to the point where she said something to him, and he asked me a question about how many years he had to put up with it so far (53 years), to the point of me my shaking my head, and deciding to writing this post.
My least favorite post:
I, as well as many other people were shocked and upset by the passing of Robin Williams and how he died.  I decided to write something on the subject, and even though the page views were not that great (28 views), it is a subject that many people do not like talking about, and I had a hard time writing it.  I think it is because everyone, especially teens and young adults, go through a period in their lives where they do not fit in, and that was the reason behind my own attempts. (I had 4, neither of them landed me in the ER).  In the case of Robin Williams and many adults, they are tired of dealing with the same thing every time, and they do not want to be a burden to their family and friends.  I do not know what was going through his mind when he took his last breath.
My list of top 10 posts of 2014 (in terms of page views)

Post
Date
Views
Monday, February 17, 2014
148
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
85
Saturday, March 15, 2014
70
Thursday, April 24, 2014
67
Monday, May 19, 2014
65
Sunday, March 9, 2014
58
Monday, March 3, 2014
53
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
51
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
51
Saturday, July 19, 2014
46

So there you have it.  I hope you go back to read them, I had fun writing them.  If you have any comments, let me know.
What’s new and the goal for 2015?
I am going to try to write more regular than I did in 2014.  I have lots of things to accomplish with this blog and my other blogs I write and own.  I want to get my freelancing writing back started again, and well as my freelance scrapbooking and greeting cards.  You can learn more about that in my P.Lynne Designs blog.  I am trying to do other things with this blog, such as switching platforms.  I love blogger, but as I read more about Google, the more that I learn that if I rub Google the wrong way, this blog, as well as my other blogs can be taken down without explanation, because Google decides to change the algorithm or the rules of what makes a worthy blog to them.  It is bad enough that I am trying to build up traffic, without worrying about that.
Anyway, what will I cover?
For now, it will be the same.  I will still do BlogHer’s writing prompts, and I may sprinkle in other writing prompts as well.  I will find more things for inspiring people to write more, such as how to get started, how to find something to write about, and how to get traffic and people to read your blog.  I am getting more into the aspect of writing blogs, as opposed to just straight writing.  There are lots of subjects on creative writing, technical writing, and others.  I will still write on subjects that touch others (more opinionated), and finding the goofy.  I may also expand from my other blogs to get a writer’s prospective on the subject, such as how does one find time to plan a Disney Vacation when you write for a living from my Traveling To the Mouse's House Blog to the comparison between a writing layout and a scrapbook layout.  Who knows, it may lead to a collaboration with another writer.   I will also be vlogging from time to time, and place a copy of it on my You Tube channel.

This is only the third day of the year, and the wheels in my head are turning like mad.   So with that note, I will talk at you later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment below. Thank you.